Make your own creamy cheese within 30 minutes!!
Try my RICOTTA recipe:
(modified from a Martha Stewart Living recipe)
1 L milk (also try it with goat milk)
250 ml heavy cream
½ Tsp Salt
Juice from 1 lemon
1. Heat milk, cream and salt in a large pot to 90 °C (check with a thermometer).
2. When milk has reached desired temperature, remove from heat and add lemon juice. Stir until just combined.
3. Let stand for 5 minutes. At this time point the milk will curd and separate into soft protein curds and cloudy whey.
4. In a large bowl place a sieve and line with a new linen baby dipper or cheese cloth
5. Slowly pour curdled cheese into cloth.
6. Let stand or hang for 20 minutes for a soft creamy cheese and 1,5 hours for a more dense cheese.
Honestly, this is easier than cooking spaghetti, isn’t it?
You can use goats milk and add garlic or herbs to make a great bread spread or add it to pasta or make a typical Italian ricotta cake!
I am currently trying to figure out a low fat version too…so, stay tuned!